Southern Sabi Sand Reserve
MalaMala Camp is a haven of understated luxury combining warm comfort and superb service with unrivalled views of the Sand River and surrounding bushveld. It is truly a place of legends where rare photographs, old maps and extraordinary mementos rub shoulders with the works of renowned contemporary wildlife artists.The camp is an unfenced oasis in the middle of the bush.
- A warm and inviting lounge area – an ideal place to relax or socialise
- An elegant, African themed air-conditioned dining room
- The iconic “Buffalo Bar” featuring historic photographs of the early days of MalaMala
- An expansive wooden safari deck, in the shade of a Jackalberry tree, overlooking the Sand River.
- An air-conditioned library with satellite television and DVD player – affectionately known as the “Monkey Club”
- A traditional reed “boma” for evening meals around the fire.
- A large filtered infinity pool with magnificent views across the river
- A well-appointed safari boutique with quality clothing, jewellery and artefacts
- A small fitness facility with stationary bicycle, treadmill, multi-gym machine, rowing machine, sit-up benches, pull-up bar, free weights, and mats
- A massage service
- Mobile phone coverage (MTN) and complimentary wireless internet connectivity are available at all the MalaMala Game Reserve camps
5 river-view luxury suites, 4 river-view luxury rooms, 5 waterhole luxury suites and 1 river-view single room, 2 interleading river view luxury rooms, 2 interleading waterhole view luxury rooms
Lodge Type: Premier